Monday, January 12, 2009

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin

I have recently written an article on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin which can be found at http://weight-loss-methods.suite101.com/article.cfm/human_chorionic_gonadotropin_hcg
I received a comment on accuracy of the ways the study cites used to measure weight loss. I do agree that currently there are more accurate ways a looking at weight loss which could improve the results of the study. As for citing a study that was not within the last 3 years, it is because I was unable to locate current peer viewed studies that looked that the effectiveness of HCG. If there is current research available I would love to have the links.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone really needs to do a new study on HCG using modern testing procedures. I tried for years to lose weight through diet and exercise. I never succeeded and my weight rose steadily over the years. However, I recently completed the HCG Protocol and it worked like nothing else. I lost 21 pounds (163 down to 142). My body fat (tested with calipers) decreased from 38% to 28%. My lean body mass stayed relatively the same throughout (I had my body fat tested weekly). Most interestingly, though, has been my metabolic rate. Using the Korr REE machine I did a test just prior to the protocol, one right after the protocol and one 6 weeks after the protocol. The results were astounding: my REE was 1716, then 1615, and now 6 weeks later it is 1975. I truly feel like the protocol reset my metabolism and my weight set point. I have been off the protocol for 6 weeks and I am eating normally. However, I feel far more in touch mith my appetite than before (like I know when to stop now). And my weight and body fat are holding steady. I think this protocol could benefit so many people. I wish more medical professionals would review the data or use modern testing to reevaluate this technique. Dr. Simeon was really onto something amazing.